Shimano STePS Features:
• A mid-drive system which keep the majority of the weight as low and as central as possible – aiding balance and easy handling.
• Pedal-assist system, meaning the power is only applied when pedalling which, in turn makes for natural-feeling power delivery, feel and handling (i.e. like a ‘normal’ bike).
• Power is delivered in a smooth, silent and natural-feeling manner thanks to the built-in pedalling sensor.
• Shimano’s newer E6050 high 418 Wh capacity (36V, 11.6 Ah) battery unit ensures 1,000 charge cycles without battery degradation and a single-charge range of approx. 65/85/125km depending on selected mode (high/normal/eco) and terrain.
• Motor output is limited to a very respectable 20mph/32kph as per the North American e-bike regulations
• Option to charge the battery in-situ (still attached to the bike) and, thanks to a new charger, the ability to charge the battery from flat to 80% in a mere 2hrs (full charge takes 4hrs) to help you out in a pinch.
• With the handy walk-assist mode, the additional weight of the bicycle isn’t a problem – even when you’re not pedalling.
• Frame: Del Sol LXi 6061 Alloy for Shimano STePS w/ internal cable routing
• Fork: SR Suntour NEX DS 50mm travel w/lockout
• Chainset: FSA for STePS crankset
• Rear Derailleur: Shimano Altus M370 9-spd
• Cassette: Shimano HG-200 9-spd 11-34T cassette
• Pedals: Comfort w/Kraton rubber inserts
• Drive Unit: Shimano STePS E6001
• Battery: Shimano STePS E6050 418Wh
• Handlebar: Alloy riser bar, 35mm rise,
• Stem: Adjustable threadless stem, w/3 x 10mm spacers
• Grips: Del Sol Comfort
• Shifters: Shimano SL-M370 9-spd
• Saddle: Del Sol Comfort
• Seatpost: Suspension 27.2 x 300mm
• Hubs: Alloy 32h cassette w/ quick release
• Rims: Doublewall alloy
• Spokes: Stainless 14g
• Tires: Kenda Kwick Nine 27.5 x 1.75″
• Brakes: Tektro M285 Auriga Hydraulic w/ 160mm rotors
• Extras: Rear-Mount Kickstand